Audio Visual (AV) Equipment Information Workshop Speakers
Audio Visual Computer Equipment
All session meeting rooms are equipped with the following audio visual equipment:
- LCD projector
- Computer (networked to a central server)
- Laser pointer
If you require any additional capabilities, no matter how basic, you must contact your workshop organizer as soon as possible to determine if arrangements can be made to accommodate your needs.
Electronic Presentations Using a Computer Projector
A computer projector will be available in all workshop rooms. You must submit your electronic files to the Speaker Ready Room in advance of your talk, preferably 24 hours in advance or earlier. The Speaker Ready Room is in the Terrace Salon 2.
Speaker Ready Room Hours are:
- Friday - 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Saturday thru Tuesday - 7:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Wednesday - 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
Speaker Ready Room Procedures
- Take your presentation to the media technician.
- The technician will supply labels to properly label your presentation with your name and workshop (please supply a separate media type for each presentation - see list of acceptable media types below). ALL media will be dropped off for processing.
- The technician will log in your presentation for processing, which will take up to 24 hours.
- You will schedule a time to return to the Speaker Ready Room to review your presentation; please allow the technicians adequate time to process your presentation.
- The technician will copy your data into the network so that you can see exactly what the presentation looks like before arriving in the meeting room. The technician will help you with any difficulties.
- You are responsible for reviewing the presentation in the Speaker Ready Room before your scheduled presentation time.
- Speaker Ready Room personnel are not responsible for your devices, i.e., memory cards, disks.
- Personal laptops CANNOT be plugged into the projectors.
- Internet access will be available in all workshop rooms.
All Electronic Files Must Be Submitted In One Of The Formats Listed Below
- PowerPoint 2000 or higher
- Microsoft Office 2000 or higher
- Web Browser: Internet Explorer 6 or higher; Plug-Ins: QuickTime 6 or higher; Adobe Acrobat 6 or higher
- PDF Reader: Adobe Acrobat 6 or higher
- Unix Users: Bring HTML Files or Adobe Acrobat 6 or higher
Acceptable Media Types
- Memory sticks or CD-ROM
- CD-RW (not recommended, often difficult to read)